Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Did Family Guy Do Something Progressive?


So I didn't pay much attention to Family Guy when I watched it this past Sunday night because well...I don't particularly care about an episode dealing mostly with Meg.

After watching it again this morning because I like to give things a second chance, I had a weird thought. Is this the first time a television show openly backed atheism? As far as I can remember, there have been shows that had atheist characters, but never an episode that unabashedly stood behind and promoted atheism.

Will anyone change their minds on religion after watching an episode of Family Guy? I would hope not, but the fact that someone (Seth MacFarlane) is ready to bring the usually taboo topic to an incredible popular TV show, is a good step in the right direction.

Here is the whole episode for you. Thanks Hulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment